Friday, May 22, 2009

Long week, but I have pictures!

Time flies when you are on vacation. I haven't worked much on my quilts (actually not at all on the Flutterby quilt!) but I have managed to get some blocks completed on the string quilt. I have about 18 more blocks to complete on that one. I am really enjoying putting it together. I was able to get some pics of both. Here are a couple of my string blocks:


And the pile of completed blocks:


A lot of fun and, for me, a lesson in getting past matchy matchiness! I also managed to get some pics of the Flutterby quilt. Don't mind the free motion stitching, I am just learning!



I am spending my Friday night sewing more blocks. I hope to get it done tonight. Then I can do the fun part - ripping the paper off the back!

Last week was Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. I was hoping to get there this year (I've never been, but always wanted to) but I was unable to take the time. My goal is Houston in the fall. If you haven't seen pics from the show, check some out at True Up. I have already placed my pre-orders for Hushabye and Mezzanine and will be looking to order some of that gorgeous Picnic Parade.

Summer has arrived here and there's one way to tell. The farmers are all haying the fields. We have hayfields behind our house and they were cut today. There is no better smell than after a field has been cut. Think freshly mowed lawns, multiplied by a thousand...


Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment